Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

Garden 2014 begins!!!!

The weather over the weekend when we had company was lovely--perfect weather to start the outdoor crops...but we had company so it didn't happen.  Since this is my spring break, I have a gigantic list of things "to do", including a car appointment today, so today was designated "do things at home day".  And what could be better to do at home than to start seeds inside!  Today is in the 40's and very windy...I'm am tempted to get the carrots and a couple other hardy things into the ground...but I will wait (until the weekend?).  I did give in and plant some indoor starts--Hopefully I have timed things well so they are not gigantic or tiny when it is time to move them outside!
 Lonely pepper plant...
 Seed pellets, all set up and ready to finish prepping
 Sad, winter, indoor crop of cilantro.
 Mystery plant that sprouted in the pot next to the cilantro...I think it is a flower.
 Tiny ID stakes for the tiny plants!
 A small selection of the seeds that are going to be started today!
 My garden notebook, where I write my secret plans for my garden.   I mean where I write things like "date of last frost...May 24".
 Here are the plant pellets, watered and ready for seeds!
 And the seeds are in!  This round includes:dahlias, bachelor buttons, banana peppers, jalapenos, zinnias, oregano, green peppers, tomatoes, and onions!  Do you think the HOA would notice if I dug up the rest of the front yard to plant vegetables and flowers?  It says that we don't need permission to create and plant a vegetable or flower garden....
The little red pot has strawberry seeds, next to it are seeds soaking to be started tomorrow--parsley and sweet pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment