Search This Blog

Thursday, June 8, 2017

May 2017 Books

Somehow it is June already--here's what I read in May!
1.  Camelot Caper (Elizabeth Peters)--Ok, I really listened to it in the car.  This is a classic and available to check out from the library to download to my car and listen to.  If you are familiar with Elizabeth Peters, this is the first book that John Tregarth appears in...and if you aren't familiar with Elizabeth Peters then you probably don't care :)
2.  After the End (Stephanie Plum)--The book begins with a young woman who realizes that everything she knows might not be true.  It is set up as a post-apocalyptic (teen) novel and has elements of science fiction.  Not top 10, but good.  I did spend several minutes trying to figure out why I know the name Stephanie Plum...I finally figured out it is the name of the main character in the numbered Janet Evanovich books. Weird, right?  Then I wondered if it is a pseudonym....
3.  Until the Beginning (Stephanie Plum)--sequel to #2
4.  The High King (Lloyd Alexander)--Again, listened to in the car. Mr IM's car has been in the shop since the 2nd week of May, so I've had some extra (alone) driving time. (And some extra driving and riding time in general). I am still not a Lloyd Alexander fan, but the reader was decent and now I know what happened...
5.  Naked Once More (Elizabeth Peters)--Listened in the car--I've read it several times before--it is about an author who is told by her publisher that books with "Naked" in the title sell better.  Of course, there is a mystery and perhaps a murder.  Read by Barbara Rosenblat, a nice story to keep me company...

No comments:

Post a Comment