Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Monarch Road

There are at least two ways to get home from church to our house--one being the highway (which is always under construction) and the other being Monarch Road.  When The Girl and The Boy were much younger I always took the highway, because Monarch Road seemed so long and so foreign.  The other night, as I drove home on Monarch, enjoying the peace and the dark--we even stopped to let three deer cross the road--I thought how interesting it is how something can become so commonplace that the old way seems silly---going out of my way to take the highway now just seems like a waste of time.  
I think it works that way in the rest of my life too--both good things and not so good--that if I do something enough it just becomes "how things are done".  As I drove,  I thought how good that can be when it is something like reading a daily devotional every morning how it is not good when it is neglecting my nightly walk.  
I think I'll keep taking Monarch Road home to remind myself to reinforce good habits and try to change the not so good (and to see the deer).

No comments:

Post a Comment