Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Santa Bread

It is a little early for Christmas stuff...but this is too cute (and I have a running joke about gnomes with a couple friends).  I came across this recipe last week and thought I'd try it....Here are my results:


 This is Santa before  he was baked and below is one after.  I made him as a gnome instead of Santa, because Santa would be seasonally inappropriate. This time I used the bread recipe included and followed all the directions--I'm not thrilled with how the egg brush turned out on his beard.  I think the next time I'll use my grandma's coffee cake recipe and maybe only the egg brush on the colored portions of his face..  I also made four smaller Santas from the recipe that says makes one large Santa --I think that they were a good size to share with a friend...I might make them slightly smaller and serve the mas a holiday breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment