Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Date night!

It's kind of exciting that The Girl is old enough to not only stay home by herself, but also babysit.  A couple weekends ago we had an opportunity related to the school fundraiser ,to go out for the evening with another couple.  We dropped off our kids at their house ,so The Girl could babysit the three boys (The Boy and his two friends).
According to The Girl, the boys spent the evening explaining Star Wars to her and she spent the evening trying to ignore them...sounds like a typical babysitter...

 Before going out though, we got to dress up 1920's style...I threatened to wear a flour sack dress and a kerchief, but gave in and went for "Flapper".

The Girl and I watched this video about twenty times and then did my hair---I was pretty impressed with the results and it didn't take too long to do--I was done far before Mr. IM... even with the curling and pinning!


Here's the front--headband and necklace borrowed from a friend, ear rings courtesy of Target...dress courtesy of Spirit of Halloween--coupon found on the internet while standing in line waiting to check out(I love my new phone!)

The historian in me had a hard time with this costume...I wanted to be historically accurate, but appropriate for a 2014 party as well...so my historically accurate shoes were nixed by my daughter in favor of cute little flats with bows...oh well.









And here we are, ready to go--note his historically accurate, but 2014 appropriate suspenders...Oh, we're cool....

No comments:

Post a Comment