Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

June 2017 books

Wow, its almost August and I'm just writing about June...hmmm...

1.  Written in my Own Heart's Blood (Diana Gabaldon)--yes, I've read it before.  I'm impatiently waiting for her new book, someday...it was still a good book.
2.  Borrower of the Night (Elizabeth Peters)--borrowed the audiobook from the library and listened in the car and while I walked.  Still good.
3.  What Could Possibly Go Wrong (Jodi Taylor)--Might be the most recent in the time travel books.  It was good--trashy like the rest, but entertaining.  A good summer read.
4.  Stitches in Time (Barbara Michaels)--audio book from library--enjoyed listening to one of my favorite spooky stories.
5.  Ships and Strings and Wedding Rings (Jodi Taylor)--I was wrong--this one came next--still entertaining.
6. The Circle (Dave Eggers).  It was good but not as suspenseful as I expected.  Maybe because it has been so popular I suspected a few times what would happen next.  Worth the read, don't know if I'll see the movie.
7.  Lies, Damned Lies, and History (Jodi Taylor)--Maybe I should read my whole list before starting to write.  Another time traveling story--still trashy, still entertaining.
8.  The Great St. Mary's Day Out (Jodi Taylor)--ditto
9.  My Name is Markham (Jodi Taylor)--ditto
10.  The Scottish Prisoner (Diana Gabaldon)--I thought I had read this, but it wasn't as familiar as I expected.  Even though the author calls this a short story, it has 560 pages, so, um, not short.  It was a good story and filled in some pieces of her other stories.
11.  Treasure Hunter's Number 4 (James Patterson)--Not even sure what it is really called. We listened to it in the car, it was meh.
12.  Back Over There (Richard Rubin)--Was at a library outside our library system and saw this--looks interesting (cover says something about nonfiction time travel and WWI).  Picked it up at the library and was fascinated.  It is non-fiction--the Author wrote another book about WWI soldiers and this is actually the follow-up.  I'm reading his first book now and frankly, "Back Over There" was better--it drew me in.  Lots of pictures, stories, WWI trivia.  Very interesting book.
13.  Seven Stones to Stand or Fall (Diana Gabaldon)-a collection of short stories--5 previously published (I'd read 4) and 2 new ones.  If you're an Outlander fan, read it

No comments:

Post a Comment