Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

July 2017 Books


1.  Unbreakable (Angela Watson)--a book for teachers to get re-inspired--it was good, nothing earth shattering (or worth the $26 on Amazon, thanks, again, public library), but a good read.  I'm  going to watch for it at used book sales and resales on Amazon, I wouldn't mind having a (cheaper) copy of it to show and share with other teachers.
2.  Voyager (Diana Gabaldon)--re-read, still good
3.  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (JK Rawling)--on CD, in the car, during road trip
4.  The Grownup (Gillian Flynn)--not her best work, but a good, quick (spooky) read.
5.  Dark Places (Gillian Flynn)--Much better than Gone Girl because the ending wasn't weird.  Very suspenseful, good book.
6.  Henry's Sisters (Cathy Lamb)--My parents' book club was reading this so they let me read and sit in.  Good book.  I've read other things by Cathy Lamb and liked them as well.  This one was about three (dysfunctional?) sisters and their brother.
7.  Around the World in 80 Days (Jules Verne)--read by Jim Dale.  I'd listen to Jim Dale read my grocery list.  A good book for the car trip through--the audio book we got from the library was well done.
8. My Sister's Grave (Robert Dugoni)--I think I got this for free through the Kindle Owners Prime Monthly book thing (got that?)  I've had it on my Kindle for a while and hadn't read it--it was very good! Looks like it is a series.  It centers around a female homicide detective in the Seattle area.  Good read.
9.  Her Final Breath (Robert Dugoni)--second in the series--just as good as the first!
10.  The Orphan's Tale (Pam Jenoff)--about a group of circus performers during World War II.  Loosely based on real people and real events.

No comments:

Post a Comment