Search This Blog

Friday, February 16, 2018

Right where I'm supposed to be

February is always hard in education. I've read articles and heard speakers and come up with my own theories, but it is just hard.  This week has been a typical February week, including horrific news from other places, teenagers with real (and not so real) drama, and all the regular daily struggles. I was super tired this morning--chugging coffee as I drove the 29 minutes from my house to school (on ice, as best as I can tell), singing along to annoying songs and arguing with radio commentators to stay alert...and then I pulled into the parking lot.






Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?  Ok, maybe it's like parenting...that only someone who already loves this place and knows what happens inside every day really sees the beauty...but I was struck with "this is right where I am supposed to be".  I might not always know what I'm doing (ok, scratch that, I'm pretty sure I don't have a clue what I'm doing half the time)....but I know that good things are happening here.  This is right where I'm supposed to be, I am a part of what is supposed to happen and our little community is doing good things.

Today we hold our "Wish Week" Assembly--the culmination of a week of fun and fundraising for a little boy whose wish is to build a wheelchair accessible playground. There will be laughing and cheering (and probably tears).  And there will be the usual, mundane (and not so mundane) pieces of high school life as well...and it is perfect in its imperfection.  Have a great Friday, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment