Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Summer break?

And just like that, the school year is almost over.  I am ready for summer, I think, but I am kind of reluctant for this year to end.  It has been a roller coaster of a year--I'd tell you to read my blogs, but I haven't been a great writer this year, so that would be fruitless. And, the last few days of school have been a little crazy--at our senior exit assembly in the gym a fight broke out, followed by three (four?) more that day and four (five?) the next day... so it seems like it should be time for summer...but, there is a big "hmmm"....
As our seniors did their exit hugs (graduation is next week, but we do our "good-bye" assembly early because graduation day is, well, so much...) I thought--"I'm ready for the seniors to go to their next step, but I"m not ready to say "bye" to  "my" kids for the summer".  It is an interesting feeling--I used to be a big proponent of counting down the days, but I stopped a few years ago-Angela Watson describes it well here. It is just a change in how I think about school.  There are three days left with students--all three half-day final exam days--so hopefully these will be calm, productive days for the students and set them up well to have a good summer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment