Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What I read in March 2016

1.  13 Hours in Benghazi (Mitchell Zuckoff)--might make my top 10 of the year-it was good.  Someone recommended I see the movie, saying that "it wasn't political, it was really about some amazing human beings" and I would agree that is true about the book, too.  It was intense and a good read. Didn't want to put it down, even though I kind of knew what would happen from the news.
2.  Dragonfly in Amber (Diana Gabaldon)--Yes, I'm re-reading the series.  It is nice and mindless.
3.  The Photograph (Beverly Lewis)-Another nice mindless book--typical Beverly Lewis, predictable and cute, for lack of a better description.
4. The City (Dean Koonz)-Another that might make my "top ten"--had a lot in common with The Odd Thomas books.  A little supernatural stuff, but not over the top.  A  great story of someone's life.
5.  Outlander Novella (title?)   (Diana Gabaldon)--Can't remember which one, they are all good--this was a short novella about Jamie before he met Claire.
6. Ana of California (Andi Teran)--A modern re-telling of Anne of Green Gables, set in California.  Good story.  Kept me guessing what would happen.
7.  Innocence (Dean Koonz)-not as good as The City, but a good read.  I'm working my way through Koonz's non-Odd Thomas books.

No comments:

Post a Comment