Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2017

An essay on college and other things

So this weekend has been a little exciting. Well, maybe not exciting, but eye-rolling at least.  We are up in the mountains, at the Outpost.  Yesterday was a normal ski day--came in to town, I hung out at the library, it was fine.  This morning, there was a lot of drama about not wanting to ski and so forth, but we did make it into town.  We parked......and discovered that Mr. IM forgot his boots at the apartment.  So The Boy and The Girl are skiing by themselves for the first time, while I use Starbucks "free" wifi (for the price of one drip coffee).  Mr. IM hopes to be back (with his boots) to meet them in about an hour.  Then I can find the car in the giant lot and run to the grocery store. We also discovered that none of our phones were fully charged, so I suspect that the children may find a place to hang out and charge their cellular devices first.   (I gave them my "box", so I am using the charger cord and my computer to charge my phone....Egads.)

In other news, The Girl took the PSAT a few months ago, resulting in a flurry of college mail (via snail mail).  Some of her friends (and their parents?) have been calling these College Solicitation letters...I think they are primarily College Junk Mail (especially since there were none from Purdue and I'm pretty sure none from any other Big 10 schools).  Most of the letters seem to say "We're so excited you took the PSAT and mentioned what career you might like!  We offer a major that is slightly related to your interested!!! Please come to our website and consider giving us a bunch of money to attend this summer symposium that is slightly related to your career of interest!!!"  For .now, all the college mail is being tossed in a cardboard box in the living room so we can see how much arrives.

It does make me think, though, that she will be at college, somewhere in about 2 1/2 years.  (Again, Egads). I guess this is where I say something like "and so the fun begins...)

Well, in any case, its probably about time for me to figure out if my family found each other :)  Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment