Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

National Donut Day!

Yeah, Yeah, I know National Donut Day was a week ago...but in the interest of spreading out my blog entries..here is our National Donut Day Entry...Here's our recipe...Super Easy Donuts
 Gathering our ingredients...
 My antique donut cutter--It is from my mom...possibly was my grandmothers, but in any case is identical to the one my mom used when I was a kid.
 Donuts in process--we made holes, too!
 I used a lot less than the quart of oil called for--about a cup of coconut oil and a cup of vegetable oil (I only had a cup of coconut oil left).  I used my cast iron skillet and the thermometer that came with our "fryers" that we use for cooking lobstas...
 About a minute to a side and voila..donuts!
Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Everyday can be donut day!! Yum yum!

    Now, how about a glaze?

    ReplyDelete