Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The art of finding (or not) lost things

For 30 years I've kept a protractor in the top drawer of my desk. Have I used it in the last 25? Um, no. But I swear it has been there. Until tonight, when the boy forgot his at school and it is missing. (Luckily, the girl keeps a protractor in her top desk  drawer, so,we're good). I did find some treasures while digging...let's see what we have here....
 (in the interest of full disclosure, this is not a desk drawer, but rather a beer box, because my drawer was too full.  This is technically the "extra" stuff...but the protractor should have been in the actual desk drawer...):  A whole bunch of name tags...um, were we having a party and didn't use them?  A really old cell phone, a pick (hmm, I've been wondering for 10 years where that is)...10,000 pens and pencils , giant eraser, recipe box that used to hold addresses





A Pirates of the Caribbean "journal", acidity test strips (no, I have no idea why or from when or, why...), silly putty, bar of soap, really old camera,










No protractor...d' oh...Maybe I should clean out the drawer more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment