Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall decorating

Those of you who know us know that I love holiday decorations and that I have a lot...starting in early October the top of my dining room buffet is the showcase, but any flat surface is fair game...




 Pictured...let's see..far left, fall colored vase thrown by a former co-worker's husband, some fake pumpkins (purchased at a post-Thanksgiving sale several years ago), a vase with fall (dollar tree) flowers, a cornucopia filled with gourds dried by my parents, orange vases and pumpkin man from Mr. Ranch's grandparents's house, some ghosts...one painted by my grandmother, and a bunch of corncobs and fake leaves...

The Boy decorated this corner for us--lots of faces in this corner.











A nice side benefit of the garden corn project was that I have corn stalks for the front porch--stay tuned and I'll post a picture of the "pumpkin man" who is sitting on the bench these days.


And here are the children helping...looks like a fall decoration/Halloween costume store exploded.


 More work by the children
 A nice view of the drying rack
And some more, um, "decor" :)  Wait until you see my Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment