Search This Blog

Thursday, October 17, 2013

One of those days...

You know the day...where the sheer ree-dic-cou-lous-ness of crazy land makes you feel like you're either going to burst into tears in front of a bunch of 9th graders or cackle hysterically until the assistant principal and nurse come to take you away in a white coat?  When you think inside your head (and sometimes even say out loud)  "Did that kid really just do that?"  or the alternate, "Did that adult really just do that?"  That was my day to day...nothing bad, just a long, crazy day in the land of high school...followed by a (thankfully) slightly less crazy afternoon with those children who live with me.

There were highlights though...a sophomore on my caseload who had a HORRIBLE year last year and is a rock star this year (raising her GPA by a whole point already); the kid who had my class last year who shoved through the crowded hall just to say "hi" (kind of a "Stewie" from "Family Guy" moment), the Toy Story Halloween special on tv that is making me laugh and my kinds cringe...and finally, the message that Mr. Ranch's aunt, who had surgery to treat ovarian cancer last Friday, is home from the hospital, watching the Tigers game, AND reporting that buttery popcorn "would be good"....I think that is THE highlight of the day...I know that her miracle isn't here yet, that there is probably a long, hard road ahead for her...but tonight I'm thankful that Aunt M is home, in her own house, and resting up to fight more tomorrow.  

God is good...all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment