Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Peaches, Part 1?

Every year the Knights of Columbus at our church sell peaches.  We used to buy a half case and just try to eat them before they went bad and then freeze what ever was left "for pie".  I don't ever make peach pie.  Ever.  Ok, well, maybe once in a while, but we still have frozen peaches from last year in the big freezer, so not very often.

This year we bought a whole case.  The kids have made a dent in them by eating at least a couple each per day, but that still leaves a lot of peaches. I think the picture shows the last layer (of 2 or 3 layers).
I identified the "squishy" peaches...and using my handy Ball Blue Book Home Guide to Canning and Freezing (a wedding gift that I once thought, "um, what am I going to do with this?"  I use it often in the fall to deal with my excess produce....) whipped up some peach jam....
 I only made a half recipe, although I suspect these three jars will last the winter, unless someone really gets a hankering for some jam.
Now...what should I do with the rest of the peaches? 

No comments:

Post a Comment