Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A present for myself!

When we registered for wedding gifts a million years ago, Mr. Ranch tried to talk me into registering for a stand mixer.  I said, "no, no...I have hand mixer, it was my mom's, it's fine, works fine...we can always get a stand mixer in a couple years when we have counter space."
Well, almost 19 years later, the hand mixer needed a lot of attention to work correctly--I actually had to hold the cord in place at exactly the right angle or it wouldn't work.  After using for several projects the week of The Girl's confirmation, I gave in...and replaced my hand mixer
 (Good-bye, circa 1975 hand mixer).....









And hello new hand mixer!!!!

Some how I don't think that this $5.99 lightweight replacement will be passed down to The Girl when she goes to college, like my old friend above, but at least I probably won't electrocute myself using it!
Oh, and I still don't have a stand mixer...no counter space, you know...



No comments:

Post a Comment