Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

Little Free Libraries

A few months ago, my sister-in-law posted some information on Facebook about how much she loves the idea of Little Free Libraries.  There was a long discussion among many different people.  We've been lots of places on vacations and such where there was a "take one, leave one" library, usually inside a building, but sometimes at campgrounds outside.  I didn't realize that this phenomenon has not only a name but also a website! Little Free Library is the "biggest" organization, but there are lots of others that I see, as well as all those that have always existed.  Yesterday afternoon we were picking up The Girl at a friends house and look what is across the street:

Cute, huh?  

Kind of make me want to make one in the hopes that people would borrow some of the books I no longer want...but with my luck, I suppose people would leave more than they took.  I do love books, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment