Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Is it too soon to talk about the garden?

Last year I didn't get the garden started until April.  This year, if I could just get organized I would start it now, inside of course...maybe I should be working on making a spot for the greenhouses instead of working on my blog.
On the list for this year's crops:
This is the first year we can expect to expect fruit from the apple, pear, and cherry tree. As you may remember, we had a few apples last year, even though we "weren't supposed to yet". Liberty has recently started digging around the bottom of the tree...hopefully, she hasn't done any real damage  We can also expect to have some asparagus this year, if it survived the winter.  There will probably be some volunteer garlic, onions, and scallions, as well as the herb garden--chives, rosemary, and maybe some cilantro.
We're going to (maybe) try potatoes in a bucket again.  Or not.  I can't decide.  Maybe I'll try sweet potatoes in a bucket.
Other requests include popcorn (from The Boy), kale, carrots in a bucket (Mr. IM), cucumbers, tomatoes of course, and perhaps lettuce and some squash.  We'll see how organized I get.
Also on the summer agenda is consideration of an outdoor brick oven, which could mean moving some rose bushes....we like to keep things interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment