Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cute food....or " are we really posting pictures of food"?

You know how people post things on Pinterest and on Facebook and you think, "oh, that's cute, I'll never make it".  A few years ago we made penguins and sledding Veggies, based on a Veggie Tales instructional video--they were fun to make, and looked adorable, but not super tasty...Still, we've made them a few times (and added Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber and sleds made of carrots)

A few weeks ago someone posted pictures of a fruit Santa....and I thought, "I might make that".  Well, actually, I'll let the kids make that. These are actually tasty--and easy...unlike the prep intensive penguins, these little Santas take literally seconds to assemble.

Directions?  Take a grape, stick it on a toothpick, slide on a banana slice, a piece of strawberry, and a mini marshmallow if you want to.  The most time intensive part was cutting the strawberries...at first I was bummed, because it looked like maybe only the tops would work as hats... but I don't think it matters...they were cute and tasty with anything shaped anything like a hat!
Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment