Search This Blog

Saturday, March 4, 2017

The Greenhouse and Garden 2017

I was going to wait until I had planted something, but I can write again later...
For Christmas, we were given a greenhouse. It has taken until now to reach agreement on where to set it up--but it is up!
I found a spot for it near the garden.  I need to get a thermometer for inside so I can figure out how warm it gets and stays in there so I can decide what to plant out there (vs inside in the little greenhouse).  I recently read a post-apocalyptic book in which the survivors grew kale because it did ok in cooler, darker temps, so I may try kale in the next couple weeks and see what happens--it depends on when I get organized I suppose!  We had some snow this week and it held up well, so I have high hopes for my little greenhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment