Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Garden Update!

Ha ! Not the garden update I had planned,  but here you go!
We are in the midst of a spring snowstorm.  Luckily, we knew it was coming and covered lots of stuff and have the fireplace on for the peach tree. As you can see, the greenhouse is nice and steamy (well, maybe not steamy, but there is condensation, so I take that as a great sign that it is at least warmish in there!) I haven't planted much outside the greenhouse, but our trees, lavender, roses, grapevines, and butterfly bushes were flowering, so some of the lumps you see in the snow are various buckets and tarps.  The snow cover on the table (center this photo) is accurate though--about 8 inches so far!  When I checked the greenhouse Thursday night, the celery, lettuce, peas and kale were growing nicely (sorry, other veggies, I can't remember what else is in there!).  The tomato, cucumber, and squash plants are still inside the house, so they are fine....I'm just happy this is today, not two weeks from today for Lobstafest!

No comments:

Post a Comment