Search This Blog

Saturday, April 1, 2017

And...that's all folks..Spring Break 2017 comes to a (snooze of an) end...

I have to say that the rest of our week was just as crazy as the beginning...We wrapped up the week by (in no particular order):
*Making homemade pitas (twice...Mr. IM said, "How do they keep?" I replied, "Not very well. It doesn't matter how many I make, the children eat them before you get home....")
*Making homemade tomato soup and semi-homemade lentil soup
*Cleaning up the yard in preparation for spring planting and hanging out
*Shoveling snow from patio (both before and after cleaning up yard)
*Shoveling snow into buckets to use to water plants when it stops snowing (always thinking)
*Um...two? Maybe three? visits to the library to get cookbooks, novels, and movies
*Two calls to the library to find out why Hoopla doesn't work right (The answer? It just doesn't...try again tomorrow!)
*Sleeping until 7:30 more than once (But I'm not counting on that for today, as I am the only one home who will let the dogs out)
*Watching several movies (from the library and amazon prime)--Including Dr. Strange (The Boy loved it, I think it was weird), Pete's Dragon (Um, a lot darker than the first version), Ninja Turtles (I didn't really watch), Avengers Age of Ultron (I tried to nap and was caught), The Magnificent Seven (Not what I thought it would be, but it was good, a little violent, but to be expected), Joy (It wasn't what I expected either.  It was kind of strange, but good for a free library movie) and I think a couple Lord of the Rings movies, but that was really The Boy, not me.
*Drove The Girl around (she had school)
* Visited the Grocery Store at least three times
*A nice walk to see the red winged blackbirds at the wetlands and other explorations
Annnnddd...now it is the weekend and there is school on Monday. This weekend I'm supposed to retrieve the Girl from her sleepover, go to Life Group (guess I should read at least chapter one...), church, order lunches, pay bills, pack lunches...maybe pack my school bag?
Hope you all had a spring break and that it was marvelous...

No comments:

Post a Comment