Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reading, March 2014

Not a big reading month for me...I'm not sure what I was doing, but I sure wasn't reading books...perhaps playing too much Minion Rush....

1.  Seeing a Large Cat by Elizabeth Peters  In the hopes that maybe that last Elizabeth Peters book really will be released I stared the Amelia series over at the beginning...so far no word on the final book, but I am entertained by re-reading some of my old favorites.  This book has one of my favorite quotes--"Cats cannot be held accountable for their actions, for they have no morals to speak of."

2.  The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson--A young reader's book about a cholera outbreak in London--many of you probably know about it--this was the "famous" outbreak involving the Broad Street pump.  It is greatly fictionalized and is a quick read.

3.  She's Not There by Marla Madison--a murder mystery, "purchased" for free on my Kindle a few months ago.  I needed a book to read in English class and it came up on my PC reader first.  It was entertaining, but I was glad that it was free--would be fun from the library as well.  The premise of the mystery is that women who are abused are disappearing and the abuser(s) don't seem  to be to blame.  The ending was a little too perfect--wrapped (almost) everything up neatly...but it was a good read for what it is.

4.  The Ape Who Guards the Balance by Elizabeth Peters--more Amelia adventures...

And that's all I read...amazing, I know...I did skim Hanging In: Strategies for the Students Who Challenge Us the Most and I suppose we got through a couple more Vespers vs. Cahills, perhaps numbers 3 and 4?, in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment