Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Aardvark and his family

After the "rocket launcher" post a few days ago, The Boy and The Girl set out to explain the whole Aardvark family tree thing to me again.

They even made visuals.

Why are some of the animals taped to the wall, you may ask?  The explanation I received is that for various reasons they are "once removed" from the family.  The ones up higher?  They are "twice removed".  What do "once" and "twice removed" mean in my kids' world?  Apparently it means that the animals have been "thrown out of the family for some reason".  (The twice removed were thrown out, forgiven and thrown out again).

Puts a whole new spin on the conversation I had with my cousin's daughter a couple weeks ago about how we are related...

No comments:

Post a Comment