Search This Blog

Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall Break...


This was my view this morning...very different from a "usual" Monday morning..

After dinner I was wondering why I was so tired...then I realized (as I posted on Facebook)..
"First day of fall break 2014 is nearly done...went to dentist, Walmart (Thanksgiving basket baskets), Kohls (shoes and shawl for Mane Event), Target (random Target crap and Halloween candy), Grocery store. Ordered a freezer of meat, made a couple of appointments for later this week and 3 lasagnas. Brought in the gnomes for the winter. Gave Indy both of  her medicines and let both dogs in and out 30 times...Picked up and fed kids before delivering them to music lessons. ..."

Oh, yeah...no wonder I'm worn out...

For weeks I've been procrastinating on doing certain errands and cleaning (kids' dish cabinet--ack!) because I knew break was coming...somehow I feel like this is another break I may need a vacation to recover from :)  Tomorrow is a much less planned day--an appointment in the morning, pick up kids in the afternoon...so maybe I'll get some of the "home" stuff done.

I also ran out to the garden (or maybe that was last night) and found a few last green tomatoes--
It was 80 most of last week--a very mild October for Colorado--last year (maybe the year before?) we had a snow day during my fall break!  It was much colder today and a little rainy--maybe in the 50's though, seasonally appropriate weather!  It is supposed to warm back up into the 70's for Halloween though--we have big plans to do the downtown trick or treat party on Friday afternoon, so I'm counting on good weather...I mean, how many more Halloweens can I convince the kids to go to the "little kid" party so I can wander downtown, drink coffee and shop while they trick or treat?  

We haven't decorated much this year either--certainly not up to last year's standard, but maybe tomorrow after I pick the kids up we can get pumpkins and do some carving.

No comments:

Post a Comment