Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Have you ever wondered what your stuffed animals do when you're not looking?

A couple years ago the kids were really into Webkinz and that was an easy gift for everyone to give them every holiday.  Some of the names became quite creative, some on purpose and some accidentally.  The critter featured in this post is Skiper.  Why does he only have one "P" in his name, you may ask?  Because WebKinz would not allow a name with two "P"'s in a row because that would be "inappropriate".   (Ok, I'm laughing again, just thinking about it--"PP"  he, he, he).

Skiper is also interesting because he is the sibling of Aardvark (the Aardvark, who is actually a tree kangaroo, so that actually makes sense) and Aslan, (the Lion), as well as Eddie, the iguana (who is adopted, but the lion is not.  I don't know how that works either). The final siblings are  Jack, a Parrot and Howard who is a gopher or a prairie dog or some other kind of furry rodent.  Skiper is married to Praline, who is a cat, and they have two children, Ducky (a duck) and Grinch  (an elephant). Aardvark is married the Michelle (also a cat).  Their children are Snip (a cat), Woof Woof (a dog), and Nibbles (a dog).  Aslan is married to Fluffy, a cat.  Their children are Monkey, Apey, Chipy, Snowy, Eleopard, and Bunny.  All I know is "if it doesn't have a tail its not a monkey".  The Girl is still trying to explain this whole family to me, and I tried to give up, but now she is in my face.  So here's the rest....
Eddie married Alice (a cat, but not the live one) and they adopted Roosty (a chicken, not a rooster), Nemo, a fish, and Moosey (a Moose, duh).  Jack married Hannah (hey, a cat!)  Their children are Jack Junior (also known as JJ) and Ares (both are parrots).  Howard is married to Hedgy, who is some kind of hedgehog thing, their child is Donkey (do I have to explain it?).  Apparently the children had a great time thinking up this whole weird family tree thing . The Girl offered to draw a family tree for me, bring them all for a family picture, or wake up The Boy to reinforce her story (since most of these critters are his).

Back to my point...

So, I'm sure if you have ever had children and stuffed animals (or any toys for that matter) in your house, you've come across some, um, interesting vignettes.  Take for instance, this one featuring Skiper (1 p, thank you very much)



Do I even want to know why there is a stuffed tree kangaroo with a telescope pointed at my archway? When I asked what was going on with the telescope, I was informed it was actually a rocket launcher.  Oh, well, that explains everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment