Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fairy, er, Gnome, Village

I keep seeing ideas on Pinterest and other places to create a fairy or gnome village.  I really didn't have any great desire to, until I was sitting on my porch on the Fourth of July and noticed the perfect spot under the front yard maple tree.  The Boy and I went inside, to our friend the internet, and discovered that fairy houses are expensive.  Hmm.. What shall we do?  I already had some small gnomes, from Hobby Lobby and Walmart clearance in previous years, so that part was easy.  The kids and I found some old flower pots and used sharpies to make gnome houses.  We're not sure that IM likes what we did, but it doesn't show from the street, so its ok.
Making the houses

The (almost) finished village...we've added a gnome and some more toadstools since this photo was taken.  I think they will have to come in for the winter, but  for now, the gnomes look pretty happy in their little flower garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment