Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2014

Funny Story?

I realized earlier today that I still haven't written a post "just" about the new car or posted a picture..

We've had the new car (2011 Acura MDX) for about two weeks now and yesterday was the first time we put both of the 3rd row seats up. The Boy has ridden in the 3rd row a couple times, but he just puts up his side (it is a split row).  IM, Grandude, and I were in the the other seats and both kids climbed in the back...to discover that the back seat is missing a headrest.  Weird.  So after all of us getting out of the car and looking all over...no headrest.  Weird.  I don't think it was in the car when we bought it!  D'oh!

Today I called "our" salesman and told him, "um, we're missing a headrest".  At first he was skeptical, but he said he'd "check around" and get back to me.  I figured that meant he'd call back in a few days with a price for ordering a headrest.  He actually called back in about an hour and said that he had good news and bad news...bad news?  He can't find an "extra" headrest around the shop.  Good news?  He is going to find one, even if he has to order it, at no cost to us, and will call me back.  He left another message a couple hours later...saying he called the previous owners who said they had "just found the headrest in the garage".  What? Um? Under what circumstances does one take the headrest out of the car and put it in the garage and then trade the car in?  Weird. In any case, the previous owners will bring the headrest to the dealer, who will call me when it gets there and that issue will be solved! Yay!

So I told that story to one of my friends and she said, "Well, all my headrests are out of my car...you have to move some of them now to put in carseats"...so mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment