Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Follow up on what I'm reading from June 28...

So this "summer reading" thing isn't going so well for me....I haven't been reading as much as I'd like.  Part of the issue is that the kids have been staying up (and sleeping in), which is fun, because we get to play frisbee until dark and I have a few minutes every morning to take a walk and have coffee alone...but it means that by bedtime I am too tired to read.  When the kids do their reading during the day I'm usually doing dishes and laundry...I need to find a better system!

Mary Poppins She Wrote-I keep picking it up and putting it down, the story is interesting, but if you've seen "Saving Mr. Brooks" you know most of the story.
The Namesake --Can't get into it...need to, since my students are supposed to read it.
Fallen Women Finished it!  It was good--I'll write a review when I do my "what I read in June"
The Invisible Thread-I don't think I'm going to finish this one before it is due again, and that's ok, since I know the ending and my book club is done with it.
A Lesson Before Dying --Still looks good...still haven't read it
Carry on, Warrior  Finished this one, too!  It was also good. 
The Chaperone  Turned it in without reading.  Oh, well.
Last Night in Twisted River Still sitting in the pile...
Indiscretion Still sitting in the pile
Serpent on the Crown (Elizabeth Peters)  Finished it--I read a couple page while I brush my teeth, so I eventually finish all the EP books--If I get toothpaste on my book it is a bummer, but at least it is my book not the library's!
Unfinished Still unfinished, but I'm supposed to read chapters 5 and 6 (or 6 and 7?) before my next Life Group, so I'm making progress
Why Don't Students Like School?  Haven't touched it, despite "really wanting to"
Sweet Salt Air Getting there..
Talent is Overrated Yeah, haven't read this either
Devil in the White City Had to turn it in before I got to it...might order it on my Kindle if it doesn't come in "on hold" before I want to read it.
How Children Succeed  Or this...
Death With Interruptions  Need to read this..
free books on my Kindle-haven't read a single one...
Drive --Started it, it is good, making slow progress!
From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler --had to turn it in...put it back on hold and it is in the car--if we ever drive more than 5 minutes this summer we'll put it in!
Hunger Games --didn't get to it before our time was up--maybe on our great Midwestern trip...
Huck Finn --it is in the library bin, waiting for us to put it in the car cd player!

Maybe the real problem is my addition to Bingo Cats on my Kindle.  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment