Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2014

What I read in June 2014

Well, I only read four books in June...crazy...Here they are:
1.  Children of the Storm (Elizabeth Peters)  Nice, mindless reading...not Peters' (Mertz/Michaels) best work, but good summer reading...and if I fall asleep I can pick it back up because I have read it before...
2.  Carry On Warrior (Glennon Doyle Melton)  Best book I've read in a while.  Glennon writes her life as a mom.  Many of the chapters were originally on Momastery.com, and there are a few new ones.  Although I don't agree with everything she says, she is a good writer and gave me a lot to think about.  The story behind the title will probably make every parent who has ever witnessed a child melt down in a public place smile.
3.  Fallen Women (Sandra Dallas) True to Sandra Dallas's usual standards, this book was entertaining, a bit of a mystery, and set in turn of the (1900) century Colorado.
4.  The Serpent on the Crown (Elizabeth Peters)  Again...easy to pick back up after falling asleep at the pool.
I've already finished one book in July, and now that I have a car of my own again maybe I'll "read" more on CD!  The new car actually has a disc drive that reads CD's put into it, so we might be able to pick up a couple "extra" books to listen to when we travel!


No comments:

Post a Comment