Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2014

That song stuck in my head..

I get songs stuck in my head all the time--random songs, for no particular reason...the other day "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" was on an endless loop.  In August. The only thing that removed it was The Boy singing Veggie Tales' "Monkey Song". Great.

Every year when we go back to school (and a lot of Sunday nights) I have a song from the Mickey Mouse Club stuck in my head.  Mickey Mouse from the 1950's (60's?) folks, not the 90's..eesh.  I had a record (in fact, I still have it).  The song is from one of the skits--about a summer camp (dude ranch?) that two characters went to and it sums up the whole summer in five and a half minutes.  Specifically, I have the last verse stuck in my head, "Back home to school and scattered farm...." It's kind of like my "time to make the donuts".  It has a nice little "yippee, eye..." chorus that is somewhat motivating (or mind-numbing?) early in the morning.  If you have five minutes and thirty seconds to watch the whole (politically incorrect) youtube film and listen to the song, here it is...if you only want to hear the part that makes me crazy, fast forward to about 4:15.  Enjoy....now I must go listen to "It's a Small World"...or something...


No comments:

Post a Comment