Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Other Village

Ok, yes, that one...So IM and I saw "The Sixth Sense" when it was in theaters (clearly  before children) and loved it...so we went to see "Unbreakable" and it was, um, not so good.  We actually had free tickets to see Unbreakable and won a hat and other bling...back when we could go to movie premiers late at night without falling asleep in the theater (I've fallen asleep in a theater..."Horton Hears a Who" really needs more action...Sigh.)  "Signs" was ok, but not necessarily great...I think we rented it (from a "movie rental store"...giggle...) So, when "The Village" came out, I don't think we saw it in the theater, I think we waited until it was "on video" (DVD, I'm sure...really) and rented it.  I thought it must have come out a long time ago...like the 90's, but surprise...it came out in 2004, the year The Boy was born.  Hmm...that was a long time ago...but not like 20 years, only 10.

I remember sitting through the movie, not liking it at all...ugh..it was horrible...then there is that turning point (no spoilers) and I said, "What?  No Way!!!! Oooh....that was cool!"

I try to remember that moment every time I'm slogging through some point in my life when I just can't see anything good coming.  Not necessarily a low or bad point...just that mind-numbing, daily life thing...I know that if I look God will put one of those, "What! How cool!" moments in my life--a sunset, the beautiful flowers in the yard, a sunrise on the way to work, a visit from a former student, a hug from my kids...those everyday turning points that can make all the difference.  Enjoy looking for those little blessings today!
A Ranch sunset from earlier this summer...ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment