Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tiny corns

Earlier I reported that we had one ear of corn...I was slightly wrong...there were a few more...tiny...corn..

 They don't look so bad, in with the cucumbers...I mean, those are big cucumbers, right?
 And big cherry tomatoes, right?
Well, no...but they were tasty.

The garden is starting to wind down--a few more cucumber blossoms, some kale, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and peppers still to harvest.  There are a couple more apples--no peaches or cherries this year, but we've picked about five apples of various kinds.  And it looks like the asparagus will be great next summer.  I need to take a look and see if we have more onions and garlic and start getting everything tucked in for the winter.  Today I bought a butternut squash at the grocery strode...I felt a little guilt that I wasn't going to the Farmer's Market, but it was quicker to just get it there...hopefully one night this week we'll have butternut  squash soup...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment