Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Top Ten Books of 2015

Ok...here we go... My top 10 of 2015.....(in no particular order).  I've included the months so you can read my "original" blurbs if you want to...

1.  The Shadowy Horses (Susana Kearsley)--February
2.  A Lesson Before Dying (Ernest Gaines)--June
3.  Saint Odd (Dean Koontz)--March--Makes the list because it was a nice ending to the series, which was one of my favorites.  It will be interesting to see what Koonz does next.
4.  The Boston Girl (Anita Diamant)-April--Just looked to see if Diamant has anything new and I don't see anything yet...sigh.
5. Outlander and sequels (Diana Gabaldon)--May through December  (not cheating, can't choose just one...some are better than others though...)
6. Come Rain or Come Shine (Jan Karon)--October--Again, a nice ending to the series (or at least a nice "new" book to the series)
7.  A Fall of Marigolds (Susan Meissner)--August
8.  A Life Intercepted (Charles Martin)--July
9.  Career of Evil (Robert Galbraith)-December
10.  Tricky Twenty-Two (Janet Evanovich)--only if you've read the other 21 books though, I suppose

Honorable Mention:
*The Rosie Project (Graeme Simsion)--September--only gets honorable mention because I made myself read the other other two books to find out how everything ended.
*Magnus chase and the Gods of Asgard:  The Sword of Summer (Rick Riodan)--October--maybe was one of my top 10 ,but I didn't read it until October and the list was getting full.  I think if you love Riordan books, you'll enjoy this....and if you don't, well, you won't...
*Go Set a Watchman (Harper Lee)--September--still not sure I really liked it...but it was thought provoking.  It's on the "read again someday" list
*Bossy Pants (Tina Fey)--July--
*Tattoos on the Heart (Gregory Boyle)--May


Year in Review:
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December's post won't be live until January 2, and I'm writing this beforehand...but I'm confident you can find December if you haven't read it yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment